LFCE Administrative Assistant II
University of La Verne
LFCE Administrative Assistant II
Job Description Summary:
This position provides administrative support to LFCE Program Chairs, faculty, adjuncts and the Business Manager; responsible for the daily operations of the front office, including communicating program information and policies and procedures to prospective and current students, faculty and staff; processes contracts, payments and other forms as necessary.
1. Provide accurate and consistent information, policies and procedures to students, faculty and staff regarding LFCE degree and credential programs, in person, by phone and by email; help address preliminary program queries, as requested by Program Chairs.
2. Initiate and process payments, contracts, purchase orders, class overrides, room assignments, textbook orders, expense reports, catering orders, graphics requisitions, office supply orders and other forms as needed.
3. Provide administrative support for Business Manager, Program Chairs, faculty and adjuncts, including coordinating and scheduling calendars, meetings, appointments, interviews, class schedules, classroom assignments, facility requests, travel and conference arrangements, expense reports and technology needs.
4. Create, update and maintain records and files related to LFCE students, prospective students, alumni, and general office records.
5. Hire, train, and supervise student workers to support LFCE daily operations and/or any temporary associates as needed.
6. Serve as liaison with university academic and administrative departments to enure office efficiency and to problem-solving skills.
7. Monitor college website for accuracy and currency of information; update Business Manager on a regular basis.
8. Work efficiently to meet college and university deadlines and timelines.
9. Assist Program Chairs and Coordinators with special event preparation and execution including creating and maintaining accurate email lists, securing space on and off campus, developing and sending/emailing fliers
10. Track credit card expense/reconciliations, reimbursements, and budget expenses for LFCE programs.
11. Work closely with Admissions, Chairs and Faculty in processing and providing administrative support for incoming prospective students
12. Order office supplies, maintain college contracts with outside vendors
13. Create, maintain, and manage email distribution lists and various spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel
14. Sort and prepare incoming/outgoing mail and other duties as assigned
15. Accurately review academic records, data entry into Banner system
16. Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, student workers, in providing LFCE administrative support. Attend staff meetings, trainings, and professional development as needed. Cross-train with various staff as needed to increase cross functionality. Provide front desk reception coverage as needed. Create and work towards assigned professional goals developed by LFCE Business Manager and/or direct supervisor.
Associate degree (AA or AS)
2 years administrative experience working in a service-oriented environment, preferably in higher education to include data entry, filing, scanning, etc. 2 years experience of providing office/clerical support with ability to handle high volume phone calls 2 years experience in providing exceptional customer service skills/support
2 years experience in working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
2 years experience in processing reimbursements, purchase orders, budget expenses, and/or contracts
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times of LFCE information, data, and records.
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing support to students, faculty and staff; ability to multi-task
Time management and organizational skills; detail oriented skills
Critical thinking skills, including using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Ability to perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as communicating information and processing paperwork; ability to meet deadlines
Exceptional customer service skills and strong communication skills; written/verbal
Knowledge and skill in using Banner to retrieve student records, process overrides, and look up information Knowledge and skilled in using advanced Office Suite functions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation