Position Summary – Handle various accounting functions including bank/investment account reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, survey completion, financial analysis, and payroll back-up. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised – This position reports to the Assistant Controller/Director of Financial Services
• Complete monthly bank account reconciliations.
• Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual investment reconciliations.
• Perform regular general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
• Approve and post journal entries.
• Complete various financial surveys.
• Complete annual NCAA/EADA athletic reports.
• Assist with software system development and implementation.
• Train and assist student intern with assigned tasks.
• Serve as the back-up for the Payroll Specialist.
• Perform financial analysis and develop presentation materials.
• Reconcile flexible spending activity.
• Perform internal audits as necessary.
• Preparation of unclaimed property reports
• Complete 5500’s tax returns
• Monitor grant spending and do reimbursement drawdowns
• Process third party munch money transactions
• Assist with the preparation of our annual audit
• Assist with Student Support Center customer support.
• Assist with bookstore functions
• Prepare and post imported journal entries
• Preparation and handling insurance matters, as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Effective communicator / good people skills
• Excellent technology skills
• Work experience in a business office setting
Physical Requirements – Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for approximately eight hours per day.
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application
Application deadline is October 27, 2017.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.