Student Accounts Financial Coordinator
Position Summary – The student accounts financial coordinator is responsible for all student accounts and other receivable accounts for the College. This includes billings, communications, collections, and other related functions. The representative works closely with students, parents, the financial aid office, and the student life/housing office, the registrar’s office, UAS, the VA and any other organization that sponsors students. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervision Received – This position reports to the Director of Financial Services.
• Work directly with students and parents on account balances, current and past due
• Prepare/send communications relative to past due balances
• Manage the proxy portal and troubleshoot issues for parents
• Track and manage 3rd party payment plans
• Track ‘S’ course deposits for faculty led spring terms
• Coordinate billings with the CSO for off campus experiences, including venture
• Coordinate and assist with student health insurance processes
• Send past due accounts to collection agencies/credit bureau as per policy
• Work with loan service and deferred payment companies
• Calculate and post late payment fees for student accounts
• Coordinate distribution of student billing statements/invoices
• Prepare and send invoices to various financial assistance agencies/sponsors
• Handle processing of student refunds for credit balances
• Update designated student scholarship summaries
• Handle registration billings, coordinating with the Registrar’s Office
• Work with the Financial Aid Office for distribution of student aid
• Processing, billing and handling the VA benefits for students
• Enhance technology/processes used for student billings, collections, and refunds
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 5 years of accounts receivable and collections work experience
• Effective communicator
• Customer service skills
• Technology skills
• Work experience in higher education
• Ability to sit at a desk for the majority of the work day
• Ability to use a computer the majority of the work day
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references to email@example.com.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application
Application deadline is October 27, 2017.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Apply for Student Accounts Financial Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly