Senior Systems Engineer
Our Senior Systems Engineer position is an outstanding opportunity for an individual looking to advance their skills and career in the IT Managed Services and Consulting arena. Serving Ventura County for 20 years and voted Camarillo's 2015 Business of the Year, we are professional consultancy that values outstanding technical skills and IT aptitude, along with an ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience to our clients.
With a broad range of client offerings, including managed services, network design/engineering, software engineering, cloud services, and document management/disaster recovery planning expertise, this full-time job will provide the candidate with a wide variety of technical areas in which to grow.
The Senior Systems Engineer position is responsible for supporting our Senior Network Architect on cloud services support, and implementing and maintaining all aspects of our clients' technology with a focus on Active Directory, virtualization, and storage technologies. This includes new infrastructure build outs, relocations and upgrades, server and desktop troubleshooting, hardware/software installation and upgrades, and resolution of daily support incidents.
As a consulting firm offering a wide array of IT solutions to a large client base, including IaaS, VDI, SaaS and DRaaS offerings from our data center, we are presented with many complex and varied technology issues. Consequently the Senior Systems Engineer must have a high aptitude and be able to take ownership of and expedite resolutions. Additionally, the Senior Systems Engineer will interface with our valued clients on a daily basis and must be motivated, confident, and be capable of presenting the highest level of communication and professionalism.
- Monitors and maintains virtualized collocation, network servers (P & V) and workstations
- Supports recovery of clients' environment in the event of systems failure or disaster
- Acts as an escalation point for our support desk
- Commits to continuous improvement and learning of products and technologies
- Investigates and follows both industry and internal best practices
- Documents standards on the internal knowledge base
- Participates in scheduled team meetings
Core Competency Requirements
- Overall outstanding work ethic
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Meets commitments
- Exhibits a sense of urgency
- Works independently (self-managing)
- Accepts accountability
- Easily adapts to changes (schedules, clients, deadlines)
- Remains calm and focused under pressure
- High degree of quality
- Detailed and accurate
- Committed to excellence
- Endeavors to identify root causes of quality problems
- Provide network design expertise on a variety of complex network scenarios
- Network infrastructure planning and implementation
- Recommend, install and configure network switch, router and firewall devices
- Monitor network performance
- Network problem resolution
- Server administration
- Remote and onsite installation of network and end-user hardware and software
- Monitor and manage back-up, replication and disaster recovery systems
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam, etc.
Technical Skills (must be current):
- 3-5 years senior-level network engineering experience
- Proficient in virtualization and SAN technologies
- Intermediate or higher skillsets in Windows Servers, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Citrix Xen Products, Cisco products/IOS
- Must have sufficient experience and quality of judgment to self-manage and make valid, supportable network engineering decisions
- One or more of the following certifications: Microsoft MCSE/MCITP, Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Citrix CCA/CCAA
- Must be able to work on-call and respond based on service level agreements
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
As many of our clients will tell us, Compass Consulting employs high caliber staff that really know their stuff -- and they're nice people, too. Our team is a group of hard working, fun-loving people that enjoy working with each other and with our clients. Serving Ventura County for 20 years and voted Camarillo's 2015 Business of the Year, we are professional firm that values outstanding technical skills and IT aptitude, along with an ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience to our clients.
Everyone on our team shares the company's vision and ethics. We know that the quality of an organization is a direct reflection of the quality of its people. That is why we support our employees with a challenging environment, and support them in their ongoing technical education. This instills confidence in them, which we see as a critical component of success and growth.
In particular, our team values a work method that puts customer satisfaction on top of the list. We do this by working with clients with integrity and open communication, while providing top-shelf technology expertise to solve their business needs.
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:37:33 PDT