Conversational Experience Software Engineer
ChefSteps is seeking a full-time Conversational Experience Software Engineer to help us revolutionize the home kitchen. Is it you we're looking for?
We are a Seattle-based cooking and technology company dedicated to inspiring home cooks to cook more often and have more fun doing it. We design our software and hardware products to solve problems, boost creative instincts, and encourage experimentation in the home kitchen.
We are looking for a senior developer to work on cutting-edge conversational customer support, Internet of Things control, and commerce bot experiences on platforms including Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger. You have used api.ai, Chatfuel, or a similar service to enable NLP and AI for customer-facing interactions. You are masterful at coordinating a variety of APIs to produce seamless, high-quality interactions. While your work may primarily be on services, you are sensitive to the customer experience that they enable.
- You've already built a chatbot or Alexa skill, so please provide links to them in your cover letter.
- You write elegant, reusable, well-tested code and can strike the right balance between writing perfect code and shipping it rapidly and iteratively.
- You are able to design and implement large projects in a self-directed fashion.
- You quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project.
- When pointed at a target, you eliminate obstacles and just make it happen-usually in a way that is more awesome than originally envisioned.
A Little About ChefSteps
ChefSteps is a well-funded and rapidly growing start-up that works at the intersection of culinary education, entertainment, and technology. Our team include chefs, filmmakers, writers, designers, makers, software developers, mathematicians, electromechanical engineers, and a growing number of other highly talented people with a passion for getting things done and having fun along the way. Most of us work from our 4000 square foot kitchen studio and workspace in Seattle's Pike Place Market.
We hire people who are generalists, but also exhibit deep subject expertise. We're always interested in people with original ideas, but we hire people who also recognize the importance of collaboration to turn great ideas into great products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 06:32:17 PDT