Associate Professor/Professor of Business Studies, Accounting (Research Orientation) Tenure Track, S
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
The AACSB accredited School of Business at Stockton University, invites applications for a full-time tenure track Associate Professor or Professor of Accounting starting in September 1, 2018. This person in this position will be expected to build a strong research record and provide leadership and mentoring in helping the accounting faculty to develop their research portfolio.
This position involves involves pursuing a vigorous research program on current accounting issues both individually and in conjunction with other accounting faculty members as well as teaching Accounting courses at the undergraduate and MBA levels. These courses may include Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Government Accounting, Cost Accounting, or Accounting Information Systems. All Stockton faculty members are required to teach courses in the university's interdisciplinary general studies program as well. This position will most likely involve teaching at both of Stockton’s instructional sites, in Galloway, NJ and in Atlantic City (which are approximately 12 miles apart).
Along with building a track record of excellence in teaching, School of Business faculty members are expected to produce high-quality publications in accounting, business or education journals and present peer-reviewed work at appropriate academic conferences. Other faculty duties include providing university service, as well as maintaining liaisons with appropriate professional groups and industry partners. All Stockton faculty members are expected to demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
Minimum Qualifications: An earned doctorate in Accounting or a closely related area is required. Candidates should also have a strong research record, which meets Stockton’s requirements for AACSB’s Scholarly Academic designation and demonstrated excellence in teaching in the accounting field.
Preferred Qualifications: Evidence of working in or leading research teams a plus. Also desired: related industry work experience, experience with FASB/GASB Codifications, and exposure to or experience within the liberal arts.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
- One paper that represents your research capabilities (if available)
- A list of three references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.