USU IT Service Desk Manager
Open Date: 10/02/2017
Review Date: 11/01/2017
Job Category: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
College/Unit: Business & Finance
Location: Logan Campus
Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
Are you passionate about architecting and organizing great IT customer experiences? Are you driven by continual service improvement? Are you able to set a clear vision and define objectives to build a world-class support structure for the people of Utah State University? In short, would you like to build the best IT Service Desk in the country? If so, this opportunity is for you!
The IT Service Desk Manager, reporting directly to the CIO, will create an organization that:
- Leads the University in technical support and customer experience.
- Creates, drives, and enables a collaborative, helpful community among college, unit, and department support staff, irrespective of reporting lines.
- Delivers services that students, faculty, and staff find helpful, efficient, and effective.
The best candidates are:
- Great at building and maintaining relationships and reputation.
- Excellent and natural communicators.
- Able to translate vision into operation and execution.
- Experienced in listening and negotiating.
- Good at creating processes and relationships between "support tiers."
- Able to understand and implement best-practices artfully.
- Familiar with itSM service and knowledge management ideals.
- Good at software contract and license management.
What do we look like today? (Current IT Service Desk information):
- Staff size: 15 Full time and 25 student employees
- Desktop support: contracts/service plans are in place with 47 University units
- Platforms: ServiceNow for ticketing, workflow, service/service catalog, knowledge management. SCCM for Windows desktop management. MyLiveChat for online messaging support. Bomgar for remote desktop support. Slack communication and collaboration platform. ShoreTel for call-center. Box.com for file, sync, and share.
- Service Desk functional areas: Desktop Support (remote and in-person), Student Support (Help Desk), Classroom telephone support, State of Utah Concurrent Enrollment Support, Software Licensing, Hardware Repair, Scantron Test Grading, USU IT support community and forum leadership, and the general Campus Switchboard.
- Bachelor's degree plus three years supervisory and relationship management experience.
- Prior experience supervising a help desk/service desk environment (preferred).
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent of Time or Hours per Week: 40 Hours per week
Advertised Salary: Commensurate based on experience, plus excellent benefits
See http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=2876 for more information and to apply online.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.