Office Assistant - Campus Safety
The Department of Campus Safety is staffed 24 hours a day year-round by trained professionals employed to serve the University community. Our mission is to advance the quality of life on campus using community-focused safety and access solutions.
The Office Assistant will perform administrative type duties including assisting management teams with ongoing projects; perform office duties that include, but are not limited to copying, scanning and filing; the maintenance of inventory records relevant to uniforms, equipment and training files; data entry and creating excel spreadsheets for various types of reports.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of office machines including copier, printer, laptop and desktop computer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks given by multiple supervisors.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of office/clerical/customer service experience.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university. May substitute relevant experience.
- Higher Education experience.
- Banner experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft 365 experience.
Monday - Friday, 20 hours per week. Hours to be coordinated with the supervisor.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST), Thursday October 12, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. Questions regarding this position can be directed to Kelli Collins at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a verification of education & employment and a criminal history background check.