Teacher Education Coordinator - Morgridge College Of Education
Reporting to the faculty Department Chair of Teaching and Learning Sciences, the Teacher Education Coordinator will have a liaison role, in conjunction with the college, greater university, and DPS and will assist in the administrative and curricular responsibility for MCE teacher education programs. Responsibilities include providing administrative and curricular support in all functions of the day-to-day operation of the DTR, and assistance with the facilitation and implementation of the teacher education programs across state, university, and district partnerships. This position supports the recruitment, retention, teaching, learning, and research for teacher education staff, faculty, and students. This position will also be the point person, with knowledge of best practices and making suggestions to how the program can best adhere to DU processes and procedures.
This position is a temporary, benefited appointment that will last approximately until June 30, 2018; however, you are still employed at will and the employer or employee may end the employment relationship at any time or extend the relationship past that time as well.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 3 years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Master's degree in education or relevant graduate degree and experience.
- Teaching experience in an urban K-12 environment as well as successful prior leadership experience.
- Experience in urban teacher preparation, preferably in new and emerging alternative programs.
- Proficiency and knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Experience with Banner and Slate CRM.
To be coordinated with hiring manager.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Monday, October 9, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Sean Montoya at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.