Director of Budget and Finance - Graduate School Of Social Work
The Director of Budget and Finance assists the Dean and Associate Dean for Operations in managing budget and finance operations of GSSW, overseeing the processes associated with the School's overall budget, including all grant activity. In addition, the Director is responsible for establishing financial policies and procedures; developing, monitoring and reconciling the School's budget; monitoring compliance of School resources; and providing financial tools and research to facilitate planning to ensure the School's financial sustainability and growth. This position will also supervise the Grants Administrator and may provide task supervision for other staff positions related to financial or grant processes.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in business or administrative management or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience with budget forecasting and development, financial management, and accounting oversight.
- Experience with strategizing and problem solving in a complex organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- 5 plus years of work experience with budget forecasting and development, financial management, and accounting oversight.
- 5 plus years of administrative leadership and supervisory experience.
- Experience in a university setting, especially with tuition and enrollment forecasting.
- Experience working with university faculty and supervising staff.
- Experience with federal grants/contracts and philanthropic gifts.
- Familiarity with university financial systems, experience with Banner, HR policies and procedures and knowledge of gift and grant accounting.
Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30. Some night and weekend hours may be required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Friday, October 13, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter, GSSW is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive educational environment. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
- Three professional references with contact information.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.