Writer - Marketing & Communications
The Department of Marketing and Communications is seeking to hire two (2) Writers to join their team. The Writers are responsible for content written across all University of Denver Marketing and Communications owned platforms (news.du.edu; du.edu; The Bridge newsletter; The University of Denver Magazine; scripts for videos; email marketing; etc.). This position requires an excellent storyteller who is comfortable writing in a variety of tones to appeal to our various audiences from prospective student to faculty to alumni and donors. This position is responsible for writing and editing content written in alignment with style, tone and brand guidelines.
- Research, plan and write inspiring, informative, engaging and audience-relevant content for DU owned channels including print and digital.
- Coordinate with internal team members on a wide variety of University initiatives and integrative projects.
- Use dashboard analytics to measure effectiveness of content through engagement and conversions.
- Consult with MARCOMM leadership on voice, tone and style of content.
- Generate creative storytelling ideas and also lead execution of these ideas.
- Research plan and write content on deadline.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, detail-driven environment.
- Work with multiple departments across campus.
- Bachelors degree or higher in English, Creative Writing, Journalism or related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience writing content across a variety of digital and print channels.
- Experience working in a beat structure.
- Experience working in a higher education field.
- Research writing.
Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Tuesday, October 17, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Jessica Lovan at .
Please include the following documents with your application:
- A Cover Letter is required to be fully considered for these positions.
- Three writing samples highlighting a variety of writing styles.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.