Administrative Assistant III, Butler Institute for Families
The Administrative Assistant III provides executive-level administrative support to the Executive Director of the Butler Institute for Families (Butler) and plays a crucial role in maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of the Executive Directors office. S/he must be an effective, professional, and diplomatic liaison from the Executive Director to a variety of audiences, including University leadership, staff, community partners, and funders. The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the Executive Directors calendar, telephone messages, travel arrangements, general correspondence and special projects as assigned in a fast-paced work environment. S/he will also prepare documents and reports for meetings/presentations as needed. The Administrative Assistant III may also be asked occasionally to assist Butlers leadership team with specific projects as deemed appropriate. This may include document preparation, meeting/event coordination, and assisting with general Butler needs as necessary. This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential to success in this position. The individual in this position must demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Inclusive Excellence.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; and composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Prioritize the Executive Directors time and attention; prepare agenda and materials for meetings, including staff meetings; take and distribute meeting notes; keep track of decisions made in meetings; and support the Executive Director to implement these in a timely manner.
- Keep track of the Executive Directors reporting, conference, and research dissemination deadlines.
- Generate professional communications, including emails, letters, and PowerPoint presentations for both internal and external audiences; edit and disseminate weekly email to staff.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure the Executive Directors schedule is followed and respected.
- Create and manage electronic filing and storage system covering all roles and responsibilities of the Executive Director.
- Create and maintain Executive Directors contact lists for funders, project partners, and community partners.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Serve as a strong and highly professional liaison between the Executive Director and University leaders and external partners.
- Coordinate with staff on behalf of the Executive Director to implement Butler priorities.
- Assist in tracking expenses and research/troubleshoot as necessary.
- Organize Butler events.
- Perform other duties as needed to maintain smooth operation of the Butler Institute for Families.
- Assist members of the Butler Leadership Team with scheduling meetings and travel, as needed.
- May supervise temporary employees and/or work-study students as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of office management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in providing administrative support at the executive level.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with some evenings and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Jessica Lovan at .
Please include the following documents with your application:
- A Cover Letter is required to be fully considered for this position.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.