Office Assistant II (Part-time)
San Mateo County Community College District
Office Assistant II (Part-time)
Posting Number: 2014503S
Department: Language Arts CSM (DEPT)
Location: College of San Mateo
Position Number: 4C0111
Percentage of Full Time: 48%
Months per Year: 12
Salary Range: $23,276.16 (part-time annual salary) - $29,675.52 (part-time annual salary)
Position Type: Staff & Admin
San Mateo County Community College District values the principles of diversity and equity. We provide our students with a rich and dynamic learning community that embraces differences, emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become critical thinkers and socially responsible leaders.
Under general supervision, the Office Assistant II performs detailed clerical and operational support for the Language Arts Division. Under direction, the Office Assistant II initiates, implements, and coordinates office procedures and timelines in order to provide support for an office or department. Public contact is extensive, and involves college and District staff, faculty, students, vendors, other educational institutions, business and community representatives, regulatory agencies, and governmental agencies for the purpose of exchanging policy and procedural information. A moderate degree of independent judgment and creativity are required to resolve many minor and occasional major problems that arise, by selecting from among alternative procedures that are available. Consequences of errors in judgment could be costly in public relations, staff, and employee time. The Office Assistant II classification can train and lead the work of volunteers and student assistants as assigned.
• Graduation from high school and college courses in business administration, office administration, or a closely related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Successful general clerical experience of increasing responsibility
• Extensive public contact experience with people of diverse cultures, language groups and abilities
• Experience with the organization and maintenance of electronic and manual files and records
• Experience with the use of a variety of computer software to compose and prepare correspondence, forms, reports, presentations, and other written materials
• Demonstrated skill in working as part of a customer service team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of office organizational procedures including workflow, current office equipment, supplies, file systems and computer applications
2. Skill in multitasking and workload prioritizing under deadline pressure
3. Skill in use of the Microsoft Office Suite and web-based content management systems
4. Skill in respectful, tactful and sensitive interaction with people who are diverse in their cultures, language groups and abilities
5. Skill in oral communication including public speaking
6. Skill in written communication
7. Skill in organizing data, setting up, tracking and maintaining data in electronic and manual files
8. Ability to work effectively as part of a customer service team
Benefits: Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Optional tax-deferred flexible benefit 403(b) and 457 plans are available. Classified employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California.
First Review Date: 10/31/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit: https://jobs.smccd.edu/
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.