Florida Caribbean Distillers is looking for Production Supervisor to join our team in Auburndale, Florida. This position is a second shift position.
The Production Supervisor directly supervises production employees to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all processes.
* Work with Plant Management and other Supervisory Staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant.
* Ensure proper procedures are in place and being followed for, production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, state and federal guidelines.
* Evaluate needs in production for daily assignment of duties; establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Recommend improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
* Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Maintain time and production records as required.
* Collaborate with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* Provide for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management.
* Train and instruct employees in regard to production and equipment standards and processes. Oversee instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
* Engage in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Bachelor's degree preferred, or a minimum of 2 years plant experience.
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
* Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based applications
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
* Flexibility to work any shift when needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Florida Caribbean Distillers is the first registered distillery in the state of Florida and a large producer of spirits and beverages. Florida Distillers produces multiple types of beverages in a variety of packaging formats and sizes, including Carbonated Soft Drinks, Energy Drinks, Teas, Waters, Juices, Organic, as well as Alcoholic beverages. Our manufacturing and production facility, substantial research and development capability and high-level of quality and customer service enables us to offer its customers a strong value-added proposition of low cost, high quality products.
Florida Caribbean Distillers is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 11:37:28 PDT