Metal Cell Operator 2nd and Weekend Shifts
Metal Cell Operator 1st and 2nd Shift
Cross-train and become capable of performing multiple finishing and inspection salvage functions within a finishing cell team.
Tools and Equipment:
Various inspection and manufacturing tools such as burr guns, dial calipers, straightening tools, grinders, hand sanders, thread chase machine.
Metal castings, abrasives, some chemicals.
The following are the usual major job duties, but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
Cell Goal: The ultimate goal of the cell is for all operators to be cross trained for all jobs within the cell. Cell operators will be given the opportunity and are expected to train for and earn Cell Operator "C" status
- Must follow all safety requirements of job as outlined on the job safety card
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Complete all paperwork associated with the job. Correctly maintain all forms and instruction sheets
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment
- Inform your supervisor about problems that occur
- May be required to handle hazardous waste by collecting and transferring the waste into proper containers at satellite storage areas or storage areas and assuring that the containers are properly inspected, labeled, and closed as required. Must follow correct instruction for handling hazardous waste and report any deviations to supervisor immediately. Must attend yearly instruction in hazardous waste handling and review of current procedures if job duties could affect non-compliance.
Special Skills and/or Experience:
A fully and properly trained "D" classification of Cell Operator must be able to perform Hand Sand, Basic Part Mark, Visual Inspection, and Finishing/Salvage at a proficient level. The operator must also be cross training to meet the requirements of the "C" level classification. Vision requirement of 20/30 near correctable, with depth perception. High School diploma or equivalent.
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 13:31:31 PDT