We are currently seeking an experienced Project Estimator to join our team of professionals in our southern California office. Reporting to the Branch Manager your focus will be to provide solutions design, engineering, and cost estimates for our sales team and operations teams.
What we are looking for:
• Demonstrated success with estimating complex projects, including sourcing of vendor partners, materials take-offs, and labor estimates.
• Demonstrated involvement with projects of broad scope and scale.
• Have experience with, or willing to learn various forms of technologies related to low voltage systems including: Surveillance and Access Control, Audio Visual, WiFi, DAS, structured cabling, OSP fiber/copper etc.
• Strong math and analytical skills, as well as the ability to perform with a high level of repeatable accuracy.
• Well organized and able to manage multiple project estimates concurrently while meeting deadlines.
• AutoCAD, Visio, and Blue Beam experience a plus.
• Excellent writing and communications skills.
• Able to flourish as a valued team member in a fast paced environment.
• Review and understand Bid Documents including specifications and drawing packages.
• Meet with Clients and perform on-site job walks.
• Perform "take-off's" to develop Bill of Materials and project scope.
• Develop and work through RFI's for the purpose of developing estimates.
• Provide competitive project pricing, written scopes of work, construction drawings, bill of materials, and value engineered alternatives.
• Solicit and work with our Vendor Partners.
• Conduct scope reviews in preparation for hand off to the Sales Team.
• Create pre and as-build drawings in AutoCAD or Visio.
• Participate in ongoing training as new technologies are developed.
What's In It for You?
• The opportunity to use your experience and knowledge and to work with cutting edge technologies on high profile projects.
• The opportunity to be an important long term team member of a winning organization with an excellent reputation.
• Receive valuable training and experience in the ever evolving technology environment.
• An attractive and competitive compensation/benefits package, commensurate with your experience
• High Quality Medical
• Paid Holidays / Paid Vacation
T and D Communications is a privately-held service corporation specializing in Data/Voice structured cabling, DAS, CATV, CCTV, Access Control and various Communication Systems. In business since 1982 and with offices in California and Texas; T and D Communications is an established successful company with an excellent reputation.
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:35:00 PDT