Senior Full-Stack Web Developer
At ChefSteps, we're not just cooks-we are engineers and designers; it's as much a tech company as it is a culinary one. We believe the future will be better when software helps cooks to learn from each other and powers the tools that put them in control of the kitchen.
You could play a key role in making that vision a reality. See this blog post for some of the areas we are working on.
We are looking for developers able to work effectively across both server and client-side to create beautiful experiences for our users on our website and in our HTML5 mobile app. Some of the core technologies we use are Rails for API generation, Angular.js, Ionic Framework and Cordova. You might be the right fit if you love food, are self-directed, enjoy refactoring, and are experienced enough to know how and when to ship.
- You have a demonstrable track record of building sophisticated, highly interactive web applications.
- You write elegant, reusable, well tested code and can strike the right balance between writing perfect code and shipping it rapidly and iteratively.
- You are able to design and implement large projects in a self-directed fashion.
- You quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project.
- When pointed at a target, you eliminate obstacles and just make it happen - usually in a way that is more awesome than originally envisioned.
- 7+ years of experience in a production environment would be a good match for the team.
- Ruby on Rails, HAML, Sass, CoffeeScript, Angular.js, Heroku, Cordova, Ionic framework
A Little About ChefSteps
ChefSteps is a well-funded and rapidly growing start-up that works at the intersection of culinary education, entertainment, and technology. Our team include chefs, filmmakers, writers, designers, makers, software developers, mathematicians, electromechanical engineers, and a growing number of other highly talented people with a passion for getting things done and having fun along the way. Most of us work from our 4000 square foot kitchen studio and workspace in Seattle's Pike Place Market.
We hire people who are generalists, but also exhibit deep subject expertise. We're always interested in people with original ideas, but we hire people who also recognize the importance of collaboration to turn great ideas into great products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 06:28:01 PDT