Digital Strategist - Travel & Tourism Division
A solid creative/branding/advertising agency is looking for an experienced Digital Strategist with a focus on travel and tourism to join our dynamic team. In this position the Digital Strategist will work independently and cross functionally within the Internet Marketing Department to execute digital campaigns, monitor performance, report and communicate with clients.
The Travel & Tourism Digital Strategist role requires the applicant to be analytical, customer centric, with a strong background supporting sales/marketing. The DS must have proven experience in devising and implementing digital marketing strategies, compiling and analyzing analytical data, and working with industry related 3rd party research. A strong background in internet marketing and/or specialized expertise in SEO, PPC, Social Media, Content Development, and/or other aspects of online marketing. Expertise in resort online marketing strategies ranging from creative ideation, shifting online bookings from OTAs to direct, booking engine marketing and meta-search inventory marketing are a critical component to this role.
The Travel & Tourism Digital Strategist will model the behavior reflecting company culture, mission and values; have a high degree of attention to detail that represents a premier marketing and advertising agency. Plus have the social skills to present objectives to clients, and carry on monthly meetings to discuss and present result and future initiatives.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
• Support agency's travel marketing products, core strategy and techniques applying first-hand knowledge of search, social and display marketing channels.
• Perform analysis of client's Web property analytics and other data to determine the customer's campaign performance using key success metrics such as cost-per-lead, conversion rates, cost-of-sale and other indicators.
• Communicate with internal and external clients on a regular basis to review performance of Internet marketing campaigns and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Provide recommendations to internal teams and clients on the appropriate Internet marketing campaign components and budget requirements.
• Assist in the proposal writing process for custom Internet marketing campaigns
• Perform ad-hoc reporting on an as-needed basis to identify performance gain or loss including mid-campaign review on performance with suggestions to optimize campaign and upsell.
• Make recommendations to leadership on how to improve performance of campaigns.
• Ability to analyze and recommended campaign changes, including on-page SEO (internal linking, H tags, adding alt tags, etc), external linking opportunities, social and other paid ad channels.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with department implementation teams, such as design, content, social, paid and local to implement recommended changes.
• Work alongside to support sales and service as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in Marketing or other related industry with minimum 2 years professional experience in the travel vertical related to Digital Marketing or 5 years professional experience industry in the travel vertical related to Digital Marketing.
*Agency experience is very helpful.
Core Competencies & Character Attributes:
• Initiative: Highly motivated, tactical thinker who works well independently
• Proactive Attitude: Identifies areas of opportunity
• Adaptability: The ability to work within a fast-paced atmosphere
• Positive Attitude: Must be a team player with a collaborative spirit and a passion for success
• Creativity: Imagination and ability to solve difficult marketing objectives
• Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities
• Communication: Effectively communicates with internal departments
• Time Management: Is able to complete all job requirements in allotted time
• Work Ethic: Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
• Accuracy: Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy
• Resourceful: Exercise patience as needed and demonstrate effective problem solving ability
• Accountability: Punctual, reliable, and takes ownership of actions
• Integrity: Trustworthy and ethical with relation to communication and business decisions
• Experience with Web design concepts and Internet marketing best practices including SEO, Local SEO, SEM and Social Media Marketing.
• Expert level familiarity with resort and airline business models and their drivers of success.
• Highly analytical; able to understand all angles of Internet Marketing and make solid recommendations to improve performance.
• Microsoft Excel experience a huge plus. Ad-hoc reporting may require pulling from multiple data sources (analytics, budget and call tracking for example) to generate client-facing reporting.
• Experience dealing with marketing managers, as well as executive level client roles.
• Experience dealing with travel, tourism, and resort clients.
• Google Ad-Words and Analytics certified
• High level of professionalism.
• Tact when dealing with high-level clients.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
This position will report to Digital Strategy Manager and to the Travel & Tourism Executive.
Work is performed in office environment with normal administrative/creative/agency environment.
Job may require minimal travel. On occasion, annual client-facing reporting and initiatives may be required.
Position located in Miami, Florida.
Once candidates are reviewed, a company representative will be contacting you. Your contacting person will provide the name and all information about the company. Job Description has basic company info. Company has been in business for over 23 years in the city of Miami.
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 05:34:52 PDT