Entry Level - Information Specialist / Non - Clinical
Job Summary description:
If you have a degree in the life sciences but also have an interest in bioinformatics, we have several openings for an Information Specialist. The successful candidate will be trained to become a data Ninja - able to take experimental data and turn it into valuable insight for our clients. Job-specific experience is not necessary, but you must be high energy, comfortable with looking at different kinds of data sets and possess a sense of urgency to complete projects on time with attention to detail. Recognition of performance will be immediate and successful analysts will have growth opportunities. You must have an AA/BS/BA degree with a major or minor in the life sciences. Comfort with spreadsheet software and information technology is a must. Knowledge of preclinical research is not necessary, but will put you on the top of list.
Knowledge needed for the job:
- Appropriate knowledge in IT technology and IT methodology
- Adept in project/time management
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Preclinical data collection/data flow or able to learn
- Fundamental knowledge of Biology/Anatomy/Physiology
- Good English
- Knowledge/expertise in use of Excel
- Grasps scientific concepts quickly
- Ability to be flexible and change work due to prioritization/multi-tasking
- Education: 2 to 4 year degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Animal Science or equivalent
- Experience: 0-4 years experience in a scientific setting. Toxicology, Pathology, or Preclinical laboratory preferred.
- Understanding of GLP preferred
PDS Life sciences is a leading global provider of software solutions and services dedicated to life science and pharmaceutical preclinical research. Our unique products and outsourced services accelerate the development and regulatory submission of biopharma products. For more than 30 years, we have developed software by scientists, for scientists - a hallmark that is unrivaled in our field. For that reason, eight of the world's top 10 pharma companies have relied on PDS software, as do industry-leading CROs, chemical companies, universities and regulatory agencies. Over the past several years, PDS has undergone many changes and is now competing in new fast-growth segments of our markets. We are still nimble with a rewarding start-up culture that allows you to make an immediate impact on the business. With business offices in New Jersey, Switzerland and Tokyo, we think globally, but act locally and now we have an exciting opportunity for a few Information Specialists located in our New Jersey office.
Mount Arlington, NJ
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 10:40:19 PDT