User Interface Designer
OneSpring is a group of creative designers and out-of-the box technical problem solvers who believe in delighting clients with an unparalleled approach to excellence through visualization. We're growing again and need a talented User Interface Designer to join our team in Washington, DC.
As UI Designer, you will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to design and develop compelling web interfaces. This role is not for the ordinary or mediocre- we are on the search for a designer who strives to combine creative ingenuity and technical expertise together in powerful visuals.
Do you believe in creating great interfaces? Do you have an uncanny ability to identify which problems need to be solved? Do you take the time to know your audience? Do you use visual hierarchy to highlight crucial parts of your interface? Would consistent and simplicity describe your work. Are you considered a typography snob? And do you regularly collaborate your way to success?
If you've answered yes, we invite you to learn more...
- Translate requirements into concepts, intuitive flows and elegant user interface designs.
- Create low-fidelity sketches and diagrams of the user interface to elicit feedback, followed by revised, higher-fidelity designs to validate flow of key tasks and screen/page layout.
- Create responsive UIs that engage customers across all screen resolutions.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Explain your ideas, designs and user experience best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate and inspire stakeholders.
- 4-year degree in HCI, Interactive Design, Business Administration, Marketing Communications, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or equivalent area.
- 3+ years of UI experience-taking ownership, driving understanding, and delivering solutions that exceed expectations with strong storytelling skills.
- Solid foundation in visual design fundamentals, including color theory, typography, composition, iconography, photography, and information hierarchy
- Strong knowledge of user experience design processes and methodology to create design prototypes, interactive mock-ups, design guidelines and specifications.
- Exceptional visual design skills to create impactful and usable interfaces, and detailed screen layouts.
- Detail-oriented in your deliverables, organized, confident in your ability to present to clients with strong visual design skills, layout, typography and high graphic standards.
- Experience with infographics, data visualization, persona creation, and customer journey maps.
- Strong interest in mobile and web UI with an aptitude for learning new technologies and a tinkering mentality.
- Success in working with end-users, customers, product management, and developers.
- Experience working with Agile teams, and creating artifacts such as personas, story maps, user stories, etc. and working within an iterative, agile culture.
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of brand-defining identities, websites, apps and artifacts
Tools We Use
Justinmind (other prototyping tools like Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, Invision)
Please include Portfolio link with resume for consideration. Work samples must be recent and visual design examples.
OneSpring helps companies define, design, and develop new and existing ideas. This can be anything from mobile interface design to complex business applications. We follow a user centered approach that focuses on early design mock-ups and prototypes to drive stakeholder and user consensus.
OneSpring helps companies build the right software the first time, which has created a track record of success over the past 11 years.
Reduce defects & eliminate re-work by producing quality requirement definition artifacts that everyone can understand.
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 12:49:55 PDT