Grant Proposal Writer
Scope of Job
Responsible for the development, writing, and editing of assigned grant proposals and reports. Provides and coordinates assistance in identifying and developing funding sources to support existing and planned program activities.
Description of Duties
• Researches and identifies, government, private, corporate and/or foundation funding prospects.
• Generates proposals and supporting documents following agency guidelines in response to requests for proposals or as part of solicitation strategy.
• Ensures the timely submission of grant proposals.
• Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
• Writes reports for government, foundations and/or other funders.
• Acts as a liaison with program staff in different University departments.
• Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match institutional priorities, using research tools.
• Ensures that all grants are compliant with university policy and collaborates with the Office of Sponsored Programs when appropriate.
• May engage with program officers at different organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
• Assists in the planning and development of special projects associated with grant submissions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, or related field from an accredited university.
Three (3) years of related work experience with a proven track record in grant writing and program development.
Experience in higher education setting.
Standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; ability to work weekends and/or evenings as needed; regular travel is required within the Lower Rio Grande Valley and occasional out of town travel.
Demonstrated ability to work successfully in diverse settings;; demonstrated grant research skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent command of the English language; a willingness to think critically and act independently in those tasks delegated to their care; proficiency in computer applications, to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat .
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.