Adjunct Faculty - School of Human Development
SCHOOL OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The adjunct faculty position will provide instruction in the Undergraduate and/or Graduate Human Development degree programs, dependent on highest degree earned and years of experience teaching college level courses.
Instruction positions are located at instructional sites across Southern California counties of greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, and San Bernardino. This position will report directly to the Associate Dean of Human Development, who is based out of the main campus in Pasadena.
- Teaching graduate and undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions and assignments
- Grading assigned papers, quizzes and exams
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and examinations
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Canvas learning management system
- Master's degree in related education or human services field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in education or human services settings
- Exemplary professional experience
- Ability to teach at instructional sites across Southern California counties of greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, and San Bernardino
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School