Administrative Assistant - West Los Angeles Counseling Center
Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Administrative Assistant at the Counseling Center in West Los Angeles is responsible for insuring that the reception area runs in a smooth and professional manner. This position reports to the Director of the Counseling Center and will be responsible for collecting patient fees, answering phones, billing, completing month-end financial reports, ordering supplies, maintaining the chart room and public areas, and scheduling and assigning duties to student workers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering and transferring client and administrative phones calls and voicemails
- Checking in clients and collecting their fees
- Utilizing Electronic Health Records system (Welligent) to log clients' attendance and payments
- Communicating billing aspects with Center staff and trainees via phone and email
- Reconciling daily and monthly client payments
- Preparing invoices for billing purposes
- Tracking and processing clinical staff check in, attendance, and daily activities logs
- Scheduling and oversee student workers
- Assisting with scheduling in-service trainings, center events, and interviews
- Creating and maintain spreadsheets to track office assignments
- Organizing office space filing and storage cabinets and maintain in orderly conditions
- Scanning and organizing files and records as required
- Tracking and ordering office supplies
- Creating and maintaining data bases
- Maintaining liaison with facilities, building management, merchants, etc.
- Maintaining our reception area, chart room, and other public areas
- Updating counseling center forms under the direction of the Director
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Counseling Center
- Preferred: Experience as receptionist working in a mental health or health care setting
- Ability to interact in a professional and responsive manner to individuals seeking mental health services
- Excellent interpersonal skills in interfacing with public, staff, and student trainees
- Good communication skills in oral and written language
- Strong organizational skill, prioritizing skills when handling multiple demands, and detail orientation
- Competency with office related equipment (fax, copy machine, credit card machine, scanner, etc.)
- Familiarity with HIPAA and other relevant mental health protocols such as privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to manage student workers
- Knowledge of electronic health records systems
- Preferred: experience reconciling billing and receipts
- Proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, excel, Power Point and Adobe)
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology