Adjunct Faculty - Clinical PsyD Department - Xavier University (New Orleans) Campus
New Orleans, LA
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) Clinical PsyD program at Xavier University of Louisiana (XULA) is currently seeking qualified individuals to teach courses in the curriculum beginning in the Fall 2015 Semester. All courses are at the campus of Xavier University of Louisiana in New Orleans' Gert Town neighborhood and follow a 14 week semester schedule.
The TCSPP at XULA clinical PsyD department is seeking qualified Adjunct Faculty to teach in the following areas:
- Lifespan Development
- Cognitive and Affective Bases of Behavior
- Social Bases of Behavior
- Research Design
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty members is to teach courses by sharing theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject, and when applicable, encouraging direct application to the workplace within the field of clinical psychology.
All adjunct faculty members at TCSPP at XULA are expected to be available and responsive to students during the course. This "availability" includes:
- Active participation in the discussion forum;
- Timely grading of assignments and providing quality feedback;
- Being available outside of regular class meetings to address student's questions and concerns
Adjuncts will be provided course syllabi with recommended course texts prior to beginning the teaching assignment. Modifications of syllabi are possible with approval of the Department Chair.
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology, developmental psychology, social psychology, statistics, or experimental psychology depending on the course taught.
- Previous teaching experience (3 years preferred);
- Exemplary professional experience;
- Engagement in research and scholarship (preferred).
- Certain courses require licensure as a psychologist in any US state
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology