Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations. We are currently searching for an Admission Counselor to join our Online Campus.
The Admission Counselor will be responsible for recruiting students for online graduate programs. Admission Counselors will be expected to generate leads by reaching out to corporate, non profit, and community based agencies. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. The position will report to the Director of Admission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Achieve budgeted enrollment goals for each term (six starts per year) by maintaining targeted conversion metrics
• Expected to complete 60-100 outbound calls per day qualifying students on their educational goals and interests.
• Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the mission of The Chicago School to prospective students
• Conducts telephone interviews to screen initial questions from potential student applicants
• Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and to explain The Chicago School's academic programs and advises them on admission requirements.
• Respond to all new inquiries within 24 hours and maintain communication with students throughout the admission process
• Develops and maintains relationships with students including follow up and requests for various forms and documents
• Conducts counseling sessions with prospective students to introduce them to the school and their program of interest. Provide more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
• Manage a geographical and program recruitment territory which includes travel (approximately 2-4 weeks) and on-going communication with prospective students and applicants.
• Acts as the Office of Admission liaison for one or more academic programs.
• Establishes and maintains contact with prospective students throughout the admission cycle in timely and professional manner.
• Represents TCS at college fairs, class visits, conferences on a national level.
• Conducts campus tours on an as needed basis.
• Produce weekly applicant and inquiry reports.
• Responsible for all stages in the Admission process.
• Responds to students' requests and questions within 24 hours.
• Readily available for students in the evening and weekends.
• Review and evaluation admission applications.
• Ability to self-initiate and execute with minimal supervision.
• Position requires evening and weekend duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
• Two to three years of admission experience is required (online admission experience preferred).
• Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends are required
• Excellent communication skills (persuasive and negotiation skills, strong writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills) are a must.
• Other required skills include leadership, organizational, time management and planning capabilities.
• Computer skills including word processing, database management and power point.
• Must be able to represent The Chicago School in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community and at a post-baccalaureate level.
• An ideal candidate will be goal oriented and self motivated.
• This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude compliment a dynamic, collegial team.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology