Assistant Manager of Student Records and Data
National Assistant Manager of Applied Professional Practice Student Records and Data
Location Chicago, IL
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The National Assistant Manager of APP Student Records & Data is responsible for assisting the National Manager of APP Student records & Data with departmental needs and working closely with the all APP program directors nationally, the Director of APP, and the Training Coordinator of the departments. This position is responsible for the preparation, communication, and maintenance of training documents; management of the APP Database and for maintaining and managing the APP software and database for the academic programs at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
- Assist in the maintenance of APP software, database system, physical records and supply room.
- Manage the proper storage and/or dissemination of electronic and paper training documents.
- Grade all TCSPP campus practicum seminar students each semester across campuses.
- Provide various state licensure verification documents for alums across campuses.
- Communicate with departments, students, and supervisors about practicum deadlines and requirements, including midterm and final evaluation submission across campuses.
- Individual and group database training for students, faculty and staff across campuses.
- Prepare supplementary application materials for various academic programs across campuses.
- Track and process electronic and paper documents to complete students' grades for practicum and/or internship across campuses.
- Prepare statistical summaries of grading and training data for dissemination to program directors across campuses.
- Prepare statistical summaries of data for the Directors, Associate Directors of APP and leadership across campuses.
- Work heavily with MS Excel to create data sets, graphs, and to pinpoint data errors in preparation for project implementation.
- Prepare and maintain Placement and Training Tracking Report (PATR) across campuses.
- Enforce the APP Campus Grading Policy, including student record holds across campuses.
- Interact and communicate successfully with a diverse student population.
- Adhere to FERPA and all confidentiality requirements.
- Coordinate software needs and data tracking needs across all academic APP departments across campuses.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Conduct trainings for Directors of Training, staff, and students throughout the year.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Managing one's own time and the time of student workers effectively.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct oneself in respectful and ethical manner.
- Respond to daily user requests.
- Manage large-scale, detailed projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (Records Management, IT fields, or related fields) and/or a combination of 4 to 5 years in database management, project management, IT support and/or related fields.
- Familiarity with CampusNexus® CRM or similar student information system programs (preferred).
- Experience working in an educational setting (preferred).
- Experience working through an online medium (preferred).
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Experience in developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Communicates ideas and information effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to organize large amounts of data and forms in a clear and efficient manner.
- Management of physical and electronic records as regulated by FERPA.
- Computer Proficiency
- MS Office - Advanced Skills (preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat - Advanced Skills (preferred)
- Outlook Email - Advanced Skills (preferred)
- Relational Database and Software Management experience
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology