Assistant or Associate Professor
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001216 Academic Title: Assistant or Associate Professor Rank: Associate Professor, Assistant Professor Administrative Title: Discipline Public Health Specialty: Contract Type: With Tenure, Tenure Track Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 08/01/2018 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics of the George Washington University (GWU) Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) is recruiting a full-time tenure-track faculty member in Biostatistics at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor. Candidates with interests in all areas of statistics and biostatistics are invited to apply.
The Department has expertise in biostatistical methods, design and conduct of clinical trials, survival analysis, longitudinal data analysis, meta-analysis, HIV/AIDS, cancer, behavioral, reproductive health and health disparities epidemiology, geographical health information systems and spatial analysis, and public health laboratory science. Faculty in the Department teach and mentor masters and doctoral students, conduct innovative multidisciplinary research, and engage in biostatistical consulting. The Department places high value on enthusiastic and innovative teaching, applied and methodological research, and collaborative science.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be involved with collaborative applied and methodological research, consulting, teaching and developing courses at the masters and doctoral level, and mentoring graduate students. The successful applicant will also develop and maintain an active research program in biostatistics. Opportunities for involvement in consultation activities in biostatistics and epidemiology may be available. Additional opportunities to collaborate with faculty from The Biostatistics Center may also be available.Minimum Qualifications:
All applicants must have a doctoral degree conferred no later than the start date of the position in biostatistics, statistics or relevant field. Applicants must have a strong track record of peer-reviewed publications, evidence of proposing and/or implementing funded research, and a history of teaching graduate level courses in biostatistics and/or mentoring graduate students. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.Advertised Salary: Other Benefits: Other Information: Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered please complete an online faculty application and upload the following:
1) a curriculum vitae; 2) a statement of research interests, accomplishments, and plans; and 3) a statement of teaching and mentoring experience. Only complete applications will be considered. Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin on 11/15/2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/46684
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a doctoral degree in biostatistics, statistics or relevant field or will you have one by the start date?
- * Do you have strong written and oral communication skills?
- * Do you have a strong track record of peer-reviewed publications?
- * Do you have a history of teaching graduate level courses in biostatistics and/or mentoring graduate students?
- * Are you able to show evidence of proposing and/or implementing funded research?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Interest
- Statement of Research Interest