Director of Clinical Training
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
We are currently searching for a Director of Clinical Training (DCT) to join our Washington D.C. Campus. The DCT oversees the entire practicum and internship experience for the students in the Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Program. This position collaborates with the other Directors of Clinical Training across TCSPP campuses. The DCT acts as a liaison between the academic program administration and faculty, the training sites, and the students. The start date for this position is for Fall of 2017 or Spring 2018, and consideration of applications will begin immediately.
- Oversee the entire practicum/internship experience for the students in a clinical psychology doctoral program.
- Collaborate with the other Directors of Clinical Training.
- Oversee the work of other department-specific training staff.
- Develop and maintain a network of practicum and internship sites, as well as relationships with site supervisors.
- Have knowledge of APA and APPIC standards in identifying practicum and internship sites.
- Oversee the education of students who are new to the practicum/internship search processes and practices.
- Teach six credits per academic year.
- Serve as the course stream coordinator for Practicum Seminar Leaders.
- Consult with students who are encountering issues related to their practicum/internship experience.
- Manage the flow of information regarding students' progress, as well as problems, to the academic department chair, faculty, and/or practicum/internship sites.
- Oversee the review of practicum/internship student evaluations and related paperwork.
- Manage the proper storage and/or dissemination of training data.
- Consult on the development of new training and placement initiatives and projects.
- Assist with the APA Accreditation process.
- Participate on a Faculty Council committee.
- Participate in department faculty meetings, and serve on department committees.
- Participate in department-level strategic planning and budget process.
- Consult on the development and maintenance of coursework pertinent to applied professional practice.
- Interact and communicate successfully with a diverse population.
- Act in a way that embodies the mission, vision and values of The Chicago School.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
- Assume other faculty duties as assigned by the department chair.
- A doctoral degree in clinical psychology or related area
- Licensed as a psychologist
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional training experience is strongly preferred
- Evidence of strong teaching and academic administration at the post-secondary level
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, needs and demands.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others effectively.
- Knowledge of local and national training and licensing requirements.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) video conference, web-based teaching platforms
- Ability to travel to site locations.
Interested individuals should attach to their application (a) a letter of application; (b) a statement about their administrative experience and areas of specific teaching and/or research expertise; (c) a curriculum vitae; and (d) a list of three references with contact information.
Applications can be submitted at: https://tcsedsystem.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TCSPP/job/Washington-DC/Director-of-Clinical-Training_R0000584-2
Any specific questions can be directed to the search chair, Dr. Megan Wheeler (email@example.com) or the department chair, Dr. Michael Lau (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology