Assistant Academic Advisor
The Assistant Academic Advisor is primarily responsible for advising new and returning students of their academic progress at the Gainesville Center
Duties and Tasks:
- Advising new and returning students
- Register students in Datatel system
- Maintain/update student files, including, but not limited to:
- Tracking graduation status
- Completing or assisting with student paperwork (PUR, graduation applications, clearance, etc.)
- Tracking student course loads
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Center Director. This includes new student orientation each term; assist with telephone and written correspondence and scheduling.
- Financial Aid liaison for center students
- Third party billing for Vocational Rehabilitation Education
- Act as a liaison with center and academic team of the educational partnership
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Academic or other counseling background preferred
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time and utilize various computer programs
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1631
Job Locations US-FL-Gainesville