Required Qualifications: (As evidenced by an attached resume)
Doctoral Degree or foreign equivalent degree.
PhD in Materials Science and Engineering.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator in the department of Materials Science and Engineering The incumbent will conduct research and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of Stony Brook University.
- Within the predetermined research scope and methodology, conduct research experiments in the field of thermal spray and materials science and engineering.
- Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include attending Scientific Conferences and Meetings.
Special Notes: The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
Official Job Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Job Field: Post Doctoral
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Materials Science and Engineering-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 9:00 am - 5:00 pmMaterials Science and Engineering-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Oct 10, 2017
Posting End Date: Nov 10, 2017, 12:59:00 AM
Salary Grade: E89