Summary of the Position
The Visual Designer will create, compelling and impactful visual design deliverables that align with Bentley University's marketing efforts to maintain the institutional brand while evolving the visual aesthetic. This is an integrated print and digital role that works within a larger creative team reporting to the Creative Director. The Visual Designer will partner with our in-house digital team to provide UI design, landing page design, infographics, and miscellaneous digital assets for our web properties. They will create feature spread and cover design concepts for the Bentley Magazine, as well as materials for various Bentley department partners (including Undergraduate, Graduate, Alumni, University Advancement, Athletics, etc.)
This position also includes some print and digital production (ie flowing and formatting content, sourcing photography, creating digital assets, etc.)
This role requires producing a high volume of final deliverables, ensuring that all elements meet high design standards, follow brand guidelines, and are delivered on time working independently or with senior designers, editors and marketing managers.
Digital Design and Asset Production (40%)
• Design various digital elements for Bentley web and social media properties, including banner ads, landing pages, social media assets and infographics.
• Follow current digital trends, innovative technologies and modern UX/UI principles.
• Social media savvy is a plus.
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years Graphic/Visual/Web Design experience required.
• Previous experience as a graphic designer is required
- Campaign and concept development skills
• Superior typographic, color sense, and great photography aesthetic.
• Ability to work within established brand standards while pushing the boundaries of innovative creative.
• Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
• Understanding of traditional offset and digital printing technologies.
• Understanding of modern digital technologies and modern, responsive web design, UI and UX.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (including style sheets, master pages, etc.) and other software as required.
• Strong organizational and file management skills required.
• Must be a team player and creative collaborator.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast moving studio environment.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.