Casual - Research Specialist
Requisition # 2017-8040
Department Integrative Genomics
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 7 days ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 10/17/2017
The Ayroles laboratory at the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics seeks applicants for a part-time research specialist position. Our group takes a multi-disciplinary approach to investigate the genetic basis for variation in complex traits addressing broad questions in evolutionary and medical genetics. We work with various Drosophila species as well as humans. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to supervise and carry out research projects and to assist the researchers in the lab on their projects.
This is a casual hourly position. The position is open and review of applications will begin immediately. The position will start as soon as possible. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Drosophila maintenance, crossing, and screeningApplying molecular biology protocols
- Participation in experimental design and execution of experiments
- Participation in group meetings
- Other lab duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in biology, genetics, or related fieldExperience in a research laboratory
- Experience with molecular biology procedures
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous lab notebook keeping
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for evolutionary biology and/or genetics
Be advised that you will only be contacted if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.