HR Assistant I
HR Assistant I
HR Assistant I
Human Resources - 910600
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Join the Human Resources Team as we continue our journey to transform HR partnerships and services for our colleges, divisions, and departments. It's an exciting time at UNT, with many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a HR Assistant to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.
As one of Texas' largest Universities, the University of North Texas (UNT) is a 500-acre campus located in Denton, Texas, approximately 39 miles from the most dynamic metropolitan areas in the U.S., Dallas/Fort Worth. UNT is home to over 36,000 students and employs over 8000 faculty and staff members. The Human Resources Department partners with the campus community, providing guidance in all areas of human capital management.
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a HR Assistant I to join our team. The HR Assistant I performs entry-level human resources administrative and technical assistance work. Work involves assisting in the administration of a human resources management program and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Oversee front desk processes to include, but not limited to, greeting customers, answering the phone, processing mail, file and/or scan documents, and schedule meetings for HR staff.
* Provide answers to customer HR related questions or transfer them where appropriate.
* Assist with preparation of correspondence.
* Assist with recruitment and hiring process.
* Update HR spreadsheets.
* Run errands on campus as necessary.
* Maintain car log and maintenance schedule.
* Assist with administrative components of employee recognition events and award programs.
* Assist HR staff and Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
* Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High School or GED equivalent and two years of human resources administrative and technical assistance work. Substitution of education for experience allowed.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management.
* Skill in conducting interviews, in using computers and human resources related software applications, and in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
* Ability to evaluate applicant qualifications, to analyze job requirements, to prepare job descriptions, and to communicate effectively.
* Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communications with public.
* Skill in basic office procedures.
* Skill in the use of office computer/software.
* Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers.
* Skill in basic filing and record-keeping.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, a list of three professional references and a cover letter with the online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Quicklink for Posting