Business Services Senior Professional
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Pediatrics, CHA/PA Program
Business Services Senior Professional
Position #676888 - Requisition 11402
The Department of Pediatrics, CHAPA Program has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Senior Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently
This Business Services Senior Professional provides direct professional and operational support to the Program Director. This position monitors the program's fiscal affairs and works with the Department of Pediatrics on human resource needs. Responsibilities include improving processes to increase efficiency as well as providing excellent customer service to colleagues and students. The Business Services Professional must be able to maintain working knowledge at all times of all current University policies that are relevant to business services, such as procurement, human resources, budget, and travel.
- Assist Program Director by tracking projects and providing organizational structure to day-to-day operations.
- Executes financial transactions, such as purchase orders, purchase requisitions, travel, allocation of University card charges, and reimbursements.
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings for the Program Director by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, arranging lodging and coordinating meeting accommodations.
- Works with the Department of Pediatrics on all human resource functions including new hires and manages student employee timesheet processing.
- Responds to both internal and external confidential inquires.
- Monitors all program funds including tuition revenue, School of Medicine funds, and grants.
- Monitors revenue and expenditure activity.
- Works with Program Director on yearly budget, financial analysis, and benchmarking.
- Assists with grant preparation.
- Plans and implements special projects for the Program Director.
- Communicates with other departments and outside agencies including annual reporting as required.
- Records and transcribes meeting minutes within a timely manner.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $50,000 - $53,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting , education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Two (2) year of full-time experience working with financial processes in an education or health care setting.
Substitution: A combination of education and related professional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but will not substitute for specific experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check.
- Experience working with project tracking software.
- Experience working in an academic medical environment.
- Experience working with UCD financial processes.
- Experience providing executive level assistance.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and get back on task after interruptions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and students.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrated skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Ability to exercise attention to detail and design safeguards to prevent errors.
- Ability to be effective and proactive in solving problems both independently and as a team, utilizing conflict mediation skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Sarabeth Varriano at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin 10/23/17 and will continue until the position is filled. Those who do not apply by 10/23/17 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20878 - SOM-PEDS CHAP-GenOps
Posting Date: Oct 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sarabeth Varriano
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00676888