The University of Colorado's (CU) Procurement Service Center (PSC) is one of the leading higher education procurement offices in the nation. With multiple national awards and recognitions, the PSC is dedicated to using technology to enhance the University's programs and create efficiencies within policies. The PSC supports the entire CU community, which includes four campuses plus system administration. CU is an internationally-know public research university serving Colorado, the nation and the world through leadership in high-quality and professional training, public service, advancing research and knowledge, and state-of-the-art health care.
To meet the PSC Staff and to learn a little about our organization, please see the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt_2lHVjxw4&feature=youtu.be
The role of the PSC is to support all CU campuses by applying our core values to assist customers with spend management, procure-to-pay, and travel management responsibilities. The PSC partners with CU constituents and suppliers to provide collaborative, innovative, and leading practices that deliver high quality expertise, significant value, and excellent customer service
The Travel Coordinator position exists to provide a high-level of support to University travelers and the Travel Manager. The Travel Coordinator will support the Travel Manager in day-to-day activities such as providing program guidance, researching and providing data, and working with the various travel suppliers.
The development of effective relationships with the University stakeholders who are involved in University travel is integral to the success of the Travel Coordinator.
This position will operate under the supervision of the Travel Manager and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
25% - Delivers a high level of support and assistance for all University travelers, including non-employees traveling on University business. Responds promptly to all contact from travelers, travel arrangers, and expense delegates. With direction from the Travel Manager, assists University departments or groups with special travel requirements in finding solutions that simplify process, improve the travel experience, and/or reduce travel expense.
25% - Provides a superior user experience for people using the University's online Concur Travel booking tool. Supports University personnel in identifying system-related problems and issues related to the tool. Conducts post-report reviews to identify program/procedural issues and communicates with University personnel to provide guidance.
20% - In conjunction with the Travel Manager, works closely with the University's approved Travel Management Company (TMC) and other travel suppliers, including car rental agencies, DIA parking suppliers, and preferred local hotels. In addition, the Travel Coordinator will participate in monthly TMC Agent meetings. The Travel Coordinator helps to ensure that the suppliers deliver a high level of service and support to University travelers and travel arrangers. Resolves support related issues to completion with direction from the Travel Manager. Serves as a point of escalation for travelers and travel arrangers to turn to when they need help with a travel supplier.
20% - With direction from the Travel Manager, provide guidance to travelers to ensure they comply with University policies. Captures data through reporting to track compliance. Assists and educates departments with applicable policies.
10% - Provides data and assistance to the Travel Manager to support all travel program activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, the individual must possess all of the following:
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills; listening skills to accurately interpret what others are saying.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, be very detail oriented, have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other University personnel, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness. Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of productivity applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $50,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution of higher education or equivalent experience (education may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis).
- Two (2) years of experience working in a managed travel program, strategic sourcing, supply chain management, procurement, accounts payable, or related experience.
- Two (2) years of experience preparing spreadsheets using Microsoft Office.
- Professional working experience in a higher education institution.
- Administrative experience as part of a managed travel program.
- Training or demonstrated skills with Customer Excellence/Experience.
- Experience with data management tools and reporting, such as Concur and iBank.
- Professional travel or procurement certification such as CTC (Certified Travel Counselor), GTP (Global Travel Professional), CPM (Certified Public Manager), CPPB (Certified Professional Public Buyer), or CPCM (Certified Professional Contracts Manager).
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by October 18, 2017. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 52000 - Procurement Service Center
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 18, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Robin Bryant
Posting Contact Email: Robin.Bryant@cu.edu
Position Number: 00693563