Faculty/Staff Permit Coordinator
Parking Services at the University of Colorado Boulder welcomes applicants for a Faculty/Staff Permit Coordinator. You will be responsible for permit management of faculty and staff parking permits. We are looking for someone who is focused on customer service and possesses strong attention to detail. Two years of office/clerical experience is required.
Who we are:
Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) is a self-funded operation with over 11 million dollars in operational revenue and a dedicated group of 145 full and part-time employees responsible for the construction, maintenance, enforcement, and administration of most of the university's parking facilities, planning and staffing for thousands of annual campus events, and the safe, reliable, and sustainable transportation of faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
PTS ensures access, connection and mobility across campus, and strives to provide the best first and lasting impression for the University of Colorado. We are a customer-oriented team of professionals dedicated to providing innovative solutions and to meet our community's parking and transportation needs. Our success depends upon supporting and investing in our workforce, meeting our fiscal responsibilities as a self-funded university business, and planning for a sustainable future.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Faculty/Staff Parking Permit Management
- Reviews all faculty/staff permit applications and parking liaison allocation requests.
- Determines availability of parking spaces for new permits and lot change requests using allocation guidelines and issues permits.
- Tracks permits that are cancelled or put on hold.
- Plans, sets up, and is responsible for processing faculty/staff, retiree permit requests as received and conducting renewals.
- Interview, hire, train, and supervise temporary and student employees for lot counting duties.
- Maintain and analyze physical space availability data collected in campus lots for use in determination of parking allocations
ADA, Volunteer, and Affiliate Permit Management
- Reviews applications for volunteer, ADA, and affiliate permits (non-state employees working on campus).
- Verifies status / eligibility of persons requesting volunteer permits and ADA permits.
Permit Payroll Deduction Coordination
- Initiates and maintains all parking permit fee payroll deductions.
- Reconciles expected payroll deductions to actual fees collected.
- Trains backup personnel on these processes.
Departmental Parking Liaison Management
- Maintains contact with approximately 250 parking liaisons on campus to relay parking information, coordinate permit renewals, and answer questions about space availability.
- Provides training for new liaisons.
Permit Relocation Assistance
- When construction or other occurrences impact lot availability, assists with gathering and evaluation of information in order to provide continued parking access for permit holders.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $43,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be inclusive. Be supportive. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- A minimum of 2 years office/clerical experience
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
What you will need:
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail in financial transactions
- Adept with managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, setting priorities in a fast-paced and continually changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide professional customer service in all internal and external interactions
What we'd like you to have:
- Knowledge of database management with the ability to run queries, generate reports, and utilize the data
- Experience using HCM (PeopleSoft) or similar HR systems
- Experience working in parking or transportation
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 16, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11336.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10533 - Parking & Transportation Servi
Posting Date: Oct 10, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 16, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00107288