Lead Network Engineer
8AM - 5PM
$84,500 - $125,500
The Lead Network Engineer will provide technical leadership to all Network Engineers, Network Administrators, and Infrastructure Engineers. This person shares responsibility for the development, operation, and maintenance of UCR's Network infrastructure. Responsibilities include managing wired/wireless networks, VoIP, installation and configuration of all Network Equipment (traditional network and telecom specific) equipment, monitoring Internet, CO, and Wide Area Network (WAN) connections, monitoring network usage and security logs, and responding to critical incidents.
Clearly understands the communications and network needs of the organization and has skills needed to address those needs.
Advanced knowledge of professional communications and network systems in the completion of diverse assignments.
Demonstrated problem-solving skills of unique issues and problems.
Advanced knowledge and experience working with network management systems.
In-depth, advanced understanding of various network hardware platforms, network related protocols and software including understanding of OSI layer 2 and 3 protocols at a complex level and related technical standards critical to the operation of interconnected networks.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to analyze highly complex communication hardware and software systems for maintaining a real-time resource that impacts campus / medical center / OP-wide network users.
Advanced knowledge of the practices and techniques of the voice and data field and the ability to determine a course of action based on guidelines.
Demonstrated ability to gather, organize and analyze data in the completion of a variety of functional assignments.
Understands implications of work on other areas.
Has highly developed problem solving skills to independently resolve issues using defined parameters and technical expertise.
CCNP Routing and Switching Certification
CCNP Wireless Certification
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview