Assistant/Associate Professor of Information Systems
Posting Number F355P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/23048
Working Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Information Systems
Department Information Systems
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
The Sam M. Walton College of Business has more than 6,000 students. The Walton College has an innovative cross-functional business core program that focuses on business processes, and several new cross-disciplinary minors and concentrations. The University of Arkansas has a total enrollment of more than 27,000 students. Following a successful recent $1 billion capital campaign, the university is in the process to launching another such campaign. The Walton College has consistently been ranked among the nation's top 25 public undergraduate business schools since 2005, according to U.S. News and World Report.
Department Home Page http://walton.uark.edu/
Job Type Faculty
Appointment Percent 100
Salary Commensurate to education and experience
Campus, Office Location Fayetteville Campus - Walton College of Business
Summary of Job Duties
The typical teaching load for tenure-track faculty is four classes each year thereafter, usually with no more than 2 course preparations per year (i.e., a 2-2 teaching load). Assistant Professors teach three courses per year for the first three years (which could all be taught in one semester depending on the individual's preference and departmental needs). The courses taught could be a mix of graduate and undergraduate courses, and a mix of face-to-face and online courses, as needed.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Must be Scholarly Academic per AACSB accreditation standards which includes completion of a doctorate in information systems or a closely related field, prior to the position start date, from a nationally or internationally accredited university conferred by the start of employment
- Associate Professor candidates should have an established publication record in excellent peer-reviewed information systems or related field journals, whereas Assistant Professor candidates should demonstrate an ability to publish in such journals
- Associate Professor candidates should have an established record of teaching excellence at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, whereas Assistant Professor candidates should demonstrate promise of such teaching excellence
- Teaching a broad range of information systems courses at various levels is important
- Some of the specialized areas in which our faculty members may be expected to teach include business analytics, enterprise resource planning, database, and enterprise systems
- Candidates who have documented excellence and experience in teaching and an interest in both face-to-face and online course delivery
- Special consideration will be given to prior experience and expertise in teaching courses focused on database/data warehouse/data, analytics, enterprise systems, and enterprise resource planning
- Candidates with a demonstrated record of or interest in publishing in leading information systems journals, such as MIS Quarterly and Information Systems Research (ISR)
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Anticipated Start Date
Recruitment Contact Information
Questions can be directed to the search committee chair:
Dr. Paul Cronan
Professor and M.D. Matthews Chair
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
For full consideration, the application package should be submitted before November 20, 2017. Initial interviews will take place at International Conference on Information Systems, 2017, Hawaiian International Conference on System Sciences, 2018, or via video conference. Late applications will be reviewed as necessary to fill the position. A decision is expected by March 2018. Applications should include a CV (to include a list of references), letter of application, and sample papers. Finalist may be requested to supply letters of reference.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Writing Sample(s)
- Other Document
- Proof of Veterans Status