Pharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHC
UK HealthCare is seeking a highly-motivated pharmacist for hematology/oncology clinical pharmacist position at UK HealthCare Lucille P. Markey Cancer Center in Lexington, Kentucky. The clinical pharmacist will provide patient care hematology/oncology patients and is integral to the Markey Cancer Center team. The pharmacist makes clinical interventions in terms of patient education, clinical pharmacokinetic/anti-coagulation/immunosuppressant monitoring, drug information, cost-effective care analysis, direct patient care, and interacting with pharmacy residents and students. The ideal candidate will have graduated from an ACPE-accredited school/college of pharmacy, completed an ASHP-accredited PGY1 residency (or equivalent experience), completed an ASHP-accredited PGY2 oncology residency, and must be eligible for licensure in Kentucky. Board certification in oncology pharmacy (or board eligibility) is preferred. In addition, a faculty appointment at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy will be considered based on credentials and experience.
Pharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHC
Pharmacist Clinical Staff/UKCH - Hematology/Oncology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
May include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Primarily Mon - Fri; 8am - 4:30pm or during Clinic hours; some weekends and holiday may be required per department need.
Strong clinical skills; ability to prioritize; excellent communication skills; and knowledge of inpatient drug distribution and dispensing.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
PharmD degree, preferred. ASHP PGY1 residency and/or PGY2 specialty residency preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky?
- * How many years of experience do you have practicing as a licensed pharmacist?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Briefly describe your pharmacy experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you completed or are you currently participating in an ASHP residency program?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter