Nursing Care Tech/On-Call/UKHC
This position will serve as the Nursing Care Tech for Cath Lab and/or Cath Lab Recovery areas. This position works one on one with Registered Nurse (RN) to complete delegated tasks and provide direct patient care such as: obtain vital signs, phlebotomy, documentation, assist with ADL's (activities of daily living), order and stock supplies, respond to patient call lights, unit orientation, and patient admission, transfer and discharge. Positions may also involve moving patients from bed to wheelchair or stretcher, or stretcher to treatment/surgical tables. Handling of specimens and delivery to labs and preparation of patients for surgical procedures may also be required.
The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing prompt, compassionate, and patient centered care in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment. This dynamic environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the teams of physicians to increase communication, follow through, and enhance patient outcomes and satisfaction. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.The University of Kentucky recognizes the sanctity of the relationship between the health care professional and the patient. Therefore, all UK HealthCare employees commit to providing excellent service and promoting a positive image while adhering to UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations and Standards which include being: customer centered, service focused, quality driven, resource wise, and growth oriented.
In addition, the essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments. Please apply for any and all positions you feel qualified. If you do not apply for a specific position, you cannot be considered for the position.
Nursing Care Tech/On-Call/UKHC
Nursing Care Tech/On-Call/Cath Lab & CathLab Recovery
H3130:Gill Heart Institute
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following:
1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, for ED- KY Registered SRNA or EMT
2.RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical
3. Military Medic
4. current/active LPN license
5. Acquired Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of Kentucky Plus BLS Certification at time of hire Plus American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider valid at time of hire is required.
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Must be able to work a variety of Day/Evening/Night shifts - at least 16 hours / month. Some weekends and holidays may be required.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, honest, trustworthy, and have a strong work ethic. Must enjoy working in a team and also be able to take direction and communicate effectively with staff, patients and their family members. In addition, must also be confident and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of CPR and basic concept of abnormal vital sign parameters is a must. Candidate will also need strong organizational, prioritization, basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the Internet.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous hospital experience is preferred and American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider valid for at least six months after employment date is highly encouraged.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Indicate your number of full months paid, full-time, employment experience as a nursing care technician.
- More than 0, through 6 months
- More than 6 months, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Are you currently employed as a Nursing Care Technician at UK HealthCare Chandler or Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Do you have one of the following options: 1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical) of nursing school or 2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA) or 3.) Experience as a military medic or 4.) active LPN license or 5.) Acquired Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of Kentucky or 6.) for Emergency Department positions ONLY- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT)?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line/Media Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- LinkedIn/Institute for Diversity
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter