Materials Management Tech Lead/UKHC
This position will provide lead support to all clinical areas as it relates to the ordering, delivery, and stocking of all patient equipment and supplies. The primary responsibilities will include: Verify all scheduled staff have arrived on the set working schedule and fill in any needed gaps so that all jobs are filled for the day; verify all staff who are scheduled have arrived on time; accurate inventory control; verify receipts and entry into a computer system; pull and record all recalled products; tag, document, and deliver all capital equipment purchases; organize work areas to support clinician's requests by listening, understanding, and following through on requests; ensure work environment is clean and safe; attend and participate in all emergency requests and codes; coordinate the needs for training on the supply system; and adhere to all policies and procedures.
Materials Management Tech Lead/UKHC
Materials Management Tech Lead
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The ability to lift, push, pull objects over 50 lbs.; stand and/or walk for extended periods with objects up to 25lbs.; substantial amount of kneeling and reaching overhead; working in confined spaces; exposure to loud noises and bloodborne/airborne pathogens.
3rd Shift but with the possibility of having to work all shifts (days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime) if needed.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects while accurately completing routine functions in a fast paced, high intensity, professional work environment; proficient in Microsoft Office; excellent attention to detail; exceptional planning and organizational skills; effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to solve routine problems and manage resources; demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service; time management; judgment; and respect for diversity.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Three years of previous experience working in inventory, stocking, receiving, warehousing, or related preferred. Previous work experience in healthcare capacity highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the amount of experience you have in stocking, receiving, and inventory related work.
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please indicate in which area best represents your inventory control experience.
- No experience
- * Which best represents your computer skills?
- Basic - ability to use email and internet
- Intermediate - ability to use multiple computer programs including microsoft office products as well as basic skills listed above
- Advanced - ability to manipulate documents and spreadsheets, create spreadsheets as well as basic and intermediate skills listed above
- * Describe your customer service skills as it relates to your supply chain experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter