Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
The Patient Relations Assistant is a first-line customer service representative for the multi-disciplinary clinic within our Oncology service line.
This position will be responsible for respectfully acknowledging, greeting patients, and answering phones according to established guidelines.
Other duties include: proactively identify opportunities to provide a positive patient experience by anticipating patients' needs (eg. provide directions/way finding), monitor wait times for individual patients, use appropriate communication techniques such as "blameless apology" to manage patient wait time expectations.
In addition, this position will resolve patient complaints in an empathetic and timely manner, collaborate with teammates and leadership to prevent and resolve service failure process problems, and ensure proficient patient registration.
The Patient Relations Assistant also uses electronic tools to ensure patient insurance eligibility, and recognizes and provides initial resolution of errors in computer system.
Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
M3030:Cancer Clinic Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
The ideal candidate will have extensive customer service experience and able to communicate in a calm and helpful manner during stressful and/or crisis situations. Should have the ability to pay high attention to detail; work with a teamwork mindset; have data entry skills and respect for confidentiality; be able to prioritize tasks efficiently; and work in multiple systems simultaneously.
Experience with customer service, patient registration, patient scheduling, medical records, and insurance authorizations.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
More than four years related experience. Proven track record of providing exceptional customer service. Prior patient registration, patient scheduling, medical records, and insurance verification experience highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have in a customer service position?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please indicate your years of full-time, paid employment experience working with insurance precertifications.
- More than 0, less than 1 year
- More than 1 year, less than 2 years
- More than 2 years, less than 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time computer experience in a healthcare setting with scheduling, obtaining authorizations, and/or electronic medical records.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please describe a situation when you had to use customer service skills to handle a customer concern.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter