Senior Audio Visual Technician (F/T), CF4N14262OCT
Position Title: Senior Audio Visual Technician (F/T), CF4N14262OCT
Duties of Position:
- Installation, security, and maintenance of the equipment for the College's technology enhanced classrooms.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains high tech digital, analog and microprocessor-based electronic equipment such as computer video projectors, computer video distribution systems, compact audio disc players, television displays, and public address systems. Assists in the troubleshooting and repair of security cameras and access control systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains overhead projectors, stereo receivers, audio amplifiers, compact disc players, turntables, and associated hardware.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and programs audio visual control systems from Extron, Crestron, and others.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that cannot be solved solely by referencing to manufacturer manuals or similar documents. Examples of such problems include determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering changes.
- Operates sophisticated repair equipment including Sencore Universal Video Analyzer, Waveform Analyzer pattern generator, low distortion audio generator, multimeter, oscilloscope, color bar/dot generator, and other pieces of test equipment.
- Prepares audiovisual and computer related equipment for classroom use. Designs and implements security measures to prevent theft, loss, or damage of the equipment. Creates documentation for use of equipment.
- Consults with faculty, staff, and administrators about the design and installation of specialized equipment and/or unique or unusual applications.
- Instructs faculty, staff, administrators, and community members in operations, uses, and applications of all audiovisual equipment including connection to Windows, Mac and mobile devices.
- Initiates and monitors budget for parts and maintains inventory.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications and bids.
- Initiates and monitors requests for new audio visual equipment.
- Interviews, hires and supervises any personnel working in the repair area.
- Coordinates service of outside installation/repair contractors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Department: Office & Classroom Technology - OCT
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt