Public Relations Coordinator
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning
Anne Arundel Community College's Public Relations Coordinator has a passion for storytelling and social media with the proven ability to engage and strengthen relationships with key internal and external audiences (e.g. students, faculty, staff, alumni, community members, business and community partners, etc.). This position serves as the lead for developing, administering and evaluating the college's social media presence across various platforms. In addition, this position is responsible for generating original content, and integrating content efforts in keeping with the college's goals, vision and strategic plan. Working collaboratively with students and internal teams throughout the college, this position also develops and supports college-wide branding, initiatives and campaigns, including individual school and program objectives, as needed.
Title: Public Relations Coordinator
Posted Date: 10/09/2017
Job Category: Staff
Department: Public Relations & Marketing - HPRM
Position Status: 12 Month Regular
Salary Range: $46,084-$57,605
- Bachelor's degree or higher in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of consistent professional experience in public relations, writing and social media or related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of how to make a story more engaging and visually appealing through tight, compelling copy; strong headlines; and photo and visual assets.
- Passion for continuously evolving social media environment.
- Proven experience with social media program and campaigns, including development and implementation of strategy and day-to-day tactics.
- Strong understanding of public relations strategies and tactics with a strong ethical platform.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven experience with visual storytelling, demonstrating strong photography and video skills and posting on appropriate social media channels.
- Excellent technical skills, including mobile and tablets; ability to learn and apply new technology innovations quickly.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including experience with Google Analytics, Facebook or other reporting sources; ability to identify trends and provide insights for development of social media strategy.
- Ability to collaborate with internal marketing and production teams, as well as outside vendors and freelancers.
- Outstanding client relationship and customer service skills; strong negotiation and problem-solving skills; strong collaborator.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with attention to details and deadlines; demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Willingness to attend college and community events outside of normal business hours.
- Working knowledge of media monitoring software preferred.
- Working knowledge and skills of online/digital marketing communications preferred.
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae