Branch Manager - Dublin, GA
Are you an experienced business development leader? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow a branch and work with leaders in the industry? Are you a heavy hitter, ready to drive operations and lead a team? If this is you, then we want to learn more about you!
ManpowerGroup is searching for a Branch Manager to do all of this! We are seeking high caliber talent to manage and build a profitable operation of an assigned branch office.
This includes overall responsibility for:
• Achieving profit results, consistent with established expectations.
• Effective management of permanent staff (selection, compensation, training, development).
• Implementing a consistent business development program to maximize billable hours and sales growth, thereby increasing market share and operating profits.
• Implementing and managing the Corporate Service Standards, including the Quality Performance Program.
What else will you do in this role?
• Implement and manage a detailed marketing program to build and attract clientele and manage public relations for assigned branch.
• Direct and manage Staffing Specialists customer development activities, including face-to-face customer contact to create and develop a good business relationship with existing and inactive customers and retain and build additional revenues.
• Implement and monitor activities designed to recruit, train and retain temporary employees needed to fill all available assignments.
• Recruit, select, train, and evaluate Staffing Specialists using guidelines and materials developed by Corporate Headquarters.
• Provide overall supervision and counsel to branch service staff.
• Conduct regular permanent staff meetings to ensure good communication within local branches.
• Inform employees of Manpower's strategies, objectives and results locally, regionally and nationally.
• Review all financial and general management reports.
• Implement bill/pay structure to ensure a proper gross profit level.
• Assist management in the annual preparation of a detailed forecast including projected billable hours, sales, gross profit and net profit (manage expenses necessary to achieve the desired net operating profit).
What will it take?
• Strong sales/marketing skills needed to meet business development goals.
• Proven track record for successful staff and business development.
• Extensive Internet recruiting experience.
• Strong PC skills and the ability to navigate within the Manpower systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills.
• Ability to advise, counsel, guide, and negotiate with others (e.g., staff, temporaries).
• Ability to develop (i.e., through teaching, training, etc.) the professional skills of employees.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate people, data, and things to determine courses of action.
• Ability to effectively and tactfully deal with people.
• Ability to shift back and forth between two or more tasks.
• Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills.
• Ability to make competent use of work related equipment and materials.
• Ability to access areas where needed people, information or equipment are located.
• Ability to produce results within an unstructured environment and have the flexibility to identify and respond to changes in priorities.
We offer all of the advantages you would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, holiday and vacation pay, 401K, stock purchase plan, and much more.
ManpowerGroup is an EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer
ManpowerGroup is the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, and we create and deliver high-impact solutions that enable our clients to achieve their business goals and enhance their competitiveness. As workforce experts, we connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day. Through our ManpowerGroup family of brands we help more than 400,000 clients in 80 countries and territories address their critical talent needs, providing comprehensive solutions to resource, manage and develop talent. In 2016, ManpowerGroup was named one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies for the sixth consecutive year and one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies for the 13th consecutive year, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry.
Mon, 9 Oct 2017 09:07:58 PDT