CMM-Layout Technician, 3rd shift (training on 1st)
Performs precision dimensional measurements, including layouts for new products, PPAP packages, prototype, and engineering changes. Performs statistical testing to determine capability, repeatability and acceptability of product. Participates in Continuous Improvement activities to support company objectives.
- Determines part acceptability of complex layouts through an accurate and detailed layout using CMM and other advanced measurement systems.
- Ability to program CMM and other advanced measurement systems.
- Performs required statistical analysis of data obtained from product samples.
- Prioritizes and conducts required layouts according to daily schedule or as assigned by Management.
- Performs GR&R studies to establish repeatability and reproducibility.
- Assists Manufacturing Department in completion of capability studies.
- Assists in the maintenance of Quality Department files.
- May participate in corrective action process due to customer or internal concerns.
- Attends various internal and external meetings as a Quality Representative, as well as an active member of company teams.
- Assists the Quality Department in continuously improving the integrity of the department with training of employees with use of advanced measurement systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum five years experience in a Quality Assurance position with detailed layout experience.
- Ability to read blueprints and GD&T.
- Minimum two years experience with CMM, Smart Scope and a variety of handheld measurement tools (caliper, micrometer, etc).
- Some technical and/or statistical training in Metrology and SPC
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic computer skills.
We have been in business for 150 years and we are a French company! We manufacture quick connectors.
Mon, 9 Oct 2017 12:08:04 PDT