Program Aides for Duval Head Start / Early Head Start
**By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to our career site to complete our agency application.
Works as part of a team to assist in activities in the areas of the classroom, kitchen and on bus as needed. May also assist with special needs children. May be assigned to different locations as deemed necessary for program operations. Participates in the HS/EHS Quality Assurance efforts.
• Assists classroom staff in all classroom activities, field trips and outdoor activities included in lesson plans.
• Assists in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
• Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and social skills.
• Helps keep the classroom and its contents clean and orderly.
• Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as needed (i.e. at family nights, copying newsletters, making phone calls, preparing classroom materials, etc.)
• Serves as a temporary substitute in the periodic absence of the teacher assistant or teacher.
• May work with assigned children with disabilities, supporting the work of the classroom staff, managers, specialists and/or mental health consultant in carrying out the individual plans for children with special needs.
• With direction from professional staff, follows IEP/IFSP.
• Sanitizes surfaces, picks up and stores materials in the classroom or kitchen to maintain a safe environment.
• May assist with janitorial services in the absence of the regular custodian or janitor.
• May assist in the preparation of food, logging meals/snacks following USDA/CACFP required documentation for food purchased, prepared and served.
• Participates in food service cleanup, inventory and other food service tasks as requested.
• Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to HS/EHS children, families and staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Attends all required staff and parent meetings and activities.
• Attends all workshops and trainings as directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or G.E.D. Within 90 days of employment, must obtain and continually maintain basic first aid and pediatric CPR certification. Must have the 40-clock hour plus 5-hours of literacy training upon hire. For those hired during the grant transition, staff must register for the 40-hour training plus 5-hours of literacy training within 6 months of employment and successfully complete within 15 months of date of hire.
This is an entry-level position. Current and former Head Start/Early Head Start parents will receive preference for employment vacancies for which they are qualified.
Bilingual preferred: English/Spanish or English and other languages present in the local area.
Also required: Certification in First Aid and CPR within six months of the date assigned to this position; and successful completion of a Level II background screening, local criminal record check and drug screening prior to hiring.
Lutheran Services Florida Children & Head Start Services
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) is an organization that is guided by big ideas and these guiding principles create an imperative to serve that compels LSF to build on organizational strengths, overcome weaknesses and create effective programs in response to human suffering and need. The mission, values, vision and ends polices guide the work of LSF. These guiding principles also shape the advocacy and promotion efforts of the organization, which focus on the needs of the vulnerable, overcoming barriers to service and positioning LSF to effectively respond to opportunities.
The LSF business model responds to a rapidly changing service landscape with an aggressive growth strategy. That growth is predicated on methodical pursuit of entrepreneurial opportunities and the maintenance of a new program "pipeline." LSF provides value by developing and competently deploying efficient organizational structures; effective operating policies and procedures; accountable management systems and processes; and expertise in the form of personnel, strategic alliances or purchased services.
We have over 60 Programs throughout Florida, an operating budget of over $210 million dollars and 1,400 employees. Our Head Start Programs are in multiple counties throughout Florida providing multiple program options including center base, family childcare, home base, pregnant mothers, infants and toddlers.
MISSION: Lutheran Services Florida serves to bring Gods healing, hope and help to people in need in the name of Jesus Christ.
VISION: LSF sees itself and its employees as called and committed servants of Christ by serving the needy, the frail, and the powerless with integrity, faith, love and kindness in order to change lives, restore dignity, work for justice and bring healing, hope and help.
LSF is a leader in the State of Florida in providing human services.
VALUES: We derive our basic values from a Biblical understanding of loving creative and redemptive activity in Christ Jesus.
We seek partnerships with congregations to serve people in need.
We recognize that no one agency or group can be fully effective when working alone; and we therefore seek relationships with other faith-based organizations and/or community-based organizations with similar missions.
We do not discriminate in the provision of services.
We do not discriminate in hiring; we seek staff members who are culturally competent and committed to serving others.
We intentionally seek former clients capable of joining our staff, and we encourage promotion from within.
We believe that our success should be evaluated by our abilities to serve those in need and change their lives for the better.
We want employees that love serving our families. LSF: Love, Service, Faith.
Mon, 9 Oct 2017 10:56:03 PDT