GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: 2nd Shift (2:00 pm to 10:30 pm)
The general responsibilities of the Quality Engineer (QE) include continuous improvement activities to achieve organizational quality objectives. Plant QE understands and plays key role in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) along with other automotive quality core tools including PPAP, FMEA, and Control Plan. The QE utilizes Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to improve and control processes and product parameters. The QE also understands ISO 9001 and ISO/TS16949 and helps maintain the organization's certification through auditing and maintenance as set forth in the O-Flex Business System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall Quality process design and quality performance of your assigned areas, while being able to assist in other areas as required. This includes but is not limited to establishing and modifying Operation Standards, Work Instructions, and any other documentation needed in order to meet Customer Specific Requirements, OEM and/or PPAP requirements.
- Responsible to oversee the accurate and timely completion of APQP/PPAP activities, review and update process flow diagram and PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Responsible for SPC including MSA and Gage R & R. Build of part gages and fixtures. Will monitor trial and 1st production builds in conjunction with project launch activities.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activities to eliminate scrap and non-value added (NVA) operations.
- Responsible for improvements to the procedures and work instructions that make up the O-Flex Business System. This includes but not limited to participating as a lead auditor in all aspects of the TS 16949, ISO9001 system and CQI-12.
- Responsible for project-based activities and customer correspondence including corrective actions, process improvement utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies. Collecting and analyzing statistical data, increasing efficiency and reducing or eliminating processing scrap and rejects.
- Oversee Quality Lab and Non-Conforming Material.
- Responsible to streamline and/or automate inspection/testing activities to ensure accuracy and consistency, to include the preparation, review, maintenance and release of Quality related documentation.
- Responsible to provide monthly reporting of significant events, tracking performance of assigned key operating data; provide accurate progress/status reports on assigned projects, to include maintenance of Action Item Logs and customer correspondence.
- Responsible for management of Nonconformance to include but not limited to identifying, sorting, quarantine, and reporting of nonconforming product or processes and the disposition of any related materials or products.
- Responsible for management of Corrective Action efforts including Root Cause Analysis.
- Complete any additional duties as determined by the Plant Manager or Quality Manager.
- Able willing to work emergency hours to complete tasks.
- Assists in maintaining an effective document control system and calibration system.
- Follow all company policies
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree; Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- Quality Certifications; ASQ Quality Engineer is preferred or a commitment to achieve such certification in a timely manner, Six Sigma, Lean, Lean Sigma, Auditor, etc.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in automotive quality
- Management Systems AIAG standards in a TS 16949: 2009, ISO 14001: 2004 quality and environmental related manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of statistics, detailed data analysis and capability determination.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- PC literacy; ability to use SPC/Technical software (Minitab, SQC Pak), MS Office, Power Point, and excel.
- Familiarity with TS16949, ISO9001, and ISO14001 quality technical specifications.
- Experience with Automotive OEMs and Customer Specific Requirements and Supplier Quality Assurance Manuals(SQAM) including Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Volvo, BMW, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and other technical specifications.
- Problem solving skills working in team environment, utilizing "Plan, Do Check, Act" (PDCA)," Five (5) Why", "Eight (8) D", "Kaizen" or "Ishikawa" methods.
Exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force to frequently life, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This is not a sedentary job and will involve walking and standing for extended periods of time. Employee must also be able to lift up to 100 lbs. as needed.
SUMMARY OF WORKING CONDITIONS:
Employee is aware of potential exposure to hazardous materials, and environmental changes (heat/cold). Employee must be able to work under stress occasioned by personnel, visitors and the needs of other departments. Must utilize proper body mechanics for lifting and be able to wear PPE for extended periods.
Manufacturer and Anodizer of Automotive Aluminum Parts in Central Alabama.
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:32:38 PDT