Part-time Faculty, Water Fitness
The Education Department at Curry College is seeking a part-time faculty member at the Associate Lecturer level to teach Water Fitness beginning in January 2018. This is a nine-week course teaching and developing sports specific skills (such as the traditional swim stroke, front crawl, free style, backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and the butterfly) water aerobics and flexibility exercises. The faculty member will follow the established syllabus, adhere to college policies for grading, submission of appropriate materials and course information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline from an accredited 4-year collegiate institution.
- At least 2 years of swim instructor experience at a club level, high school or college level.
- Knowledge in the field of pool safety.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Lifeguard certification is required.
- CPR/AED 1st Aid certification required.
- Regularly check and responds to email on Curry System.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested applicants must submit curriculum vitae, cover letter including a description of your teaching philosophy, and a copy of your unofficial transcript (an official transcript will be required upon acceptance of an offer of employment) and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.