This position provides "hands-on" quality support for the Quality team both conceptually and on the shop floor. Designs, specifies, and installs quality control gauging systems, testing mechanisms, and equipment. Leads and/or assists in formulating quality control policies and procedures and development of quality standards. Monitors and controls Quality costs, timing, and other related aspects of projects. Serves as a liaison and coordinates activity of internal and external Quality resources. Serves as a resource by providing a problem solving function by initiating action to overcome obstacles as they are encountered and prevent potential quality problems. Leads internal and external contacts to resolve product and process problems. Investigates and solves manufacturing-related problems in assigned area using formal problem-solving tools. Champions continuous improvement efforts after launch. Researches, recommends, implements and administers new and/or existing quality assurance processes. Performs other duties as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, supports, and implements APQP programs and procedures.. Defines scope, plans, organizes, leads and directs technical work and departmental efforts related to quality engineering activities for new launches.
2. Designs, specifies, and installs quality control gauging systems, testing mechanisms, and equipment, such as CMM and surface texture analysis. Leads and/or assists in formulating quality control policies and procedures and development of quality standards.
3. Monitors and controls costs, timing, and other Quality related aspects of projects. Develops cost quotations related to specifications, test equipment, and gauge requirements and communicates information to appropriate parties.
4. Serves as a liaison and coordinates activity of internal and external resources as needed.
5. Leads internal and external contacts to resolve product and process problems. Investigates and solves manufacturing-related problems in assigned area using formal problem-solving tools including 8D, gauging, and statistical analysis.
6. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Researches, recommends, implements and administers new and/or existing quality assurance processes. Engages in comparative and competitive analysis to ensure utilization of most appropriate and beneficial techniques in each situation respectively.
7. Develop and maintain working relationship with customers and suppliers, both internal and external.
8. Perform Internal Audit per TS16949 requirements.
9. Performs other duties as necessary.
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field with three (3) years experience; or equivalent. Previous experience in automotive industry with fixture and gauge design preferred.
2. Understanding of APQP principles and processes.
3. Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, coordinate, integrate internal data, and clearly articulate concepts, ideas, and other issues relating to advanced quality engineering.
4. Strong organizational, project management, and leadership skills to prioritize, coordinate projects, manage conflicting needs, and deal with many issues at one time. Must be able to work independently.
5. Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts and represent the Company in a professional manner when performing job duties. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to exercise influence at various levels and functions.
6. Must be able to operate standard and specialized equipment related to the job. Ability to calculate and analyze data, generate reports, present information, etc.
7. Demonstrated ability to research and recommend new products and processes. Must be able to initiate implementation of continuous improvement processes.
8. Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software.
9. Demonstrated ability to manage several large and complex projects simultaneously. Must have experience with past project financial responsibilities. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others through support, training, etc.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of TS16949 Quality Systems.
11. Experience with SPC, and capability studies.
12. Demonstrated ability in problem solving techniques (i.e. 8D, 5-WMY, etc.)
13. Knowledge of GD&T preferred.
14. Experience in Lean Manufacturing in Automotive
15. Demonstrate ability to create and maintain control plans and PFMEA.
16. Demonstrate ability project management, interaction with customers and suppliers
Engine Power Components, located in beautiful Grand Haven on Michigan's sunset coast, is a supplier of precision machined camshafts for the specialty and high performance engine markets.
Immerse yourself in not only in the abundant recreational opportunities offered by a great lakeshore community, but a purchasing career in CNC and precision machining as well!
Grand Haven, MI
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 09:08:20 PDT